Thursday 15 August 2013

Ni hao from Shanghai!

Hello :)!

So I've finally arrived safe and well in Shanghai :), got here last night and I cannot believe how hot and humid it is over here! As soon as you walk out onto the street you start to sweat!

The plane journey was fine, the Newcastle to Dubai leg was good - got chatting to the people next to me who were travelling around South Asia before immigrating to New Zealand! I got a pleasant surprise when I checked in at the gate in Dubai though - I'd been upgraded to Business Class! I was well chuffed lol.

I'm really enjoying Shanghai at the moment (although I know I've only been here a day!) - the hostel is nice and luckily they have western toilets here, for which I am very grateful!! Everything still feels like a bit of a dream at the moment though - but I think that's jetlag more than anything! Hopefully once I've recovered, I will start to appreciate everything a bit more, but right now I'm off for a lie down - it's only 3.45pm at the moment but as I write this, it feels as though the whole room is swaying slightly...oh the joys of long haul travel!

I'll try to upload a couple of photos later from my trip out to the Jingan Temple this morning, before the heat and the sickness got the better of me and I had to retreat back to the blissful air conditioning of the hostel!

Zaijian!

xx



3 comments:

  1. Brilliant news Rach, glad you are there safely and the hostel is nice :)
    I eagerly await photos and hope you recover from the jetlag quickly!

    Zaijian, Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Han! Haha, I shall upload the photos especially for you ;). Going to grab some food on my own now and then come back to the hostel and sleep I think! Wish me luck :P. Hope everything is good with you :)!
    Zaijian! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've think I've missed a few posts! (Did you put these on Facebook?) heeh. Sounds like you've a good start though!! And business class...awesome!!! How did you find it? Can't wait for pics :) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete